Friday, October 30, 2009

FTS at Alpha Workshops 4th Annual Masquerade Ball

Last night at the NY Design Center, Alpha Workshops hosted their 4th annual Masquerade Ball. From the Source was there...in full Garb. Although the theme, "C'mon Get Happy" inspired many guests, we made a nod to our Indonesian "roots" and covered ourselves in bark...

Below, myself, Penny and one of our many friends from the night. So many beautiful and creative costumes were on display. We were repsentin' FTS in the best way we could...as creatures from the forest! Costume construction was done with various pieces of soaked, dried and dyed bark, but not complete without some extras, like twigs, leaves, moss, berries, seeds, hemp...oh, and GLITTER, of course!


Here's a little view from the back...Penny's head piece was genius, and mine, well thanks to the hair I think. People kept asking how I did it, but honestly, all you need are some thick curls to stick twigs in!


Here is Philip, our other partner in crime for the evening. I must admit, I did some serious glue-gunning to construct my costume, but Philip's collar and cuff links are all hand sewn on! Check out the detail of the buttons too...


Below, Lexie in her best 1920's garb, Miss Chrysler, Miss Rockefeller, Miss Empire State, and me, the Tree Nymph. With all the outrageous costumes, the camera was on fire last night...such creativity and playful creations. Luckily for me, the bark was quite flexible, which enabled some serious action on the dance floor...a Great night all around!


Let us not forget...my award...

No comments:

Post a Comment